RIP Gitmo.
this is all a dream we dreamed
one afternoon long ago
Disco Stu
Fresh Boarder

Re: Dear Phil & Jill....

#4008 3 years, 6 months ago
RIP Gitmo.

Adam Gittman was a Brother and A Friend to many here on the scene.

I've only known the man a couple of years, but have been priveleged to go to a handful of shows with him. On the darkest day, he would contact me out of the ether and say, "We're going to these Furthur Shows!"

So we did indeed go to those shows, and had a great time. Aside from being a Grand Instigator, he was a consummate Fan and critic of the musical genre known as the Grateful Dead.

Of all the people I've encountered in thirty - odd years of this Musical Zoo, Gitmo has been a Huge Standout -- A Giant among Deadheads. He has helped so many people out of jams and rough situations, that volumes could be spoken thereof.

I talked to Adam a couple days ago, and he was somewhere between enthusiastic and Rabid to catch the Southern leg of Furthur Tour... it was his largest goal to make all the shows from Hampton to Boca. Had he lived, that would have been the greatest Musical Excursion of the Spring.

Hundreds of people have been touched by this Gentleman's dedication to the Music. I propose that if not at least the Binghampton Show, that the Southern Leg of Furthur Tour be dedicated to this fine Man, Outstanding Father, and Intrepid Tour Warrior.

RIP Adam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FUBAR
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#4013 3 years, 6 months ago
Band, this will be a heartfelt thing to do.
SmilinBill
Junior Boarder

#4016 3 years, 6 months ago
He had a heart bigger than America, and loved the band ferociously. He would probably be embarrassed by the request, all the more reason to consider it. We cant even go, but it would mean a lot to us if it happened.
Soularlite
Fresh Boarder

#4017 3 years, 6 months ago
There really are no words to convey how deeply this one hits! To some the Philzone is "just" a message board...to many of us, it has been our life-line of sorts! A place to connect to the music that brought us all together, a place where virtual strangers have connected in 3-d...to share in the music, the joy, the ups and downs, the sorrows!

Without the Grateful Dead I would never have grown to love Phil...without Phil, I would never have found the Philzone...without the Philzone, I would never have met Adam Gittman! Adam was one of the kindest people I have been blessed to have known...he was selfless in sharing of himself and lived his life loving unconditionally. He has touched so many lives on so many levels, always with a smile and huge hug!

Please find it in your' hearts to remember in some small way our friend and brother!

Fare Thee Well Adam... Love you more than words can tell~
The following user(s) said Thank You: FUBAR
rhythmdaddy
Junior Boarder

#4022 3 years, 6 months ago
I did not know him, but reading thses stories, He Was a Friend of Mine.....

R.I.P. Adam. I hope the band gets wind of this and makes a dedication.
Click on this to check out The Reckoning:
www.facebook.com/thereckoningacousticband
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by rhythmdaddy.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#4081 3 years, 6 months ago
RIP Adam, peace and healing to those hurt from the loss.
May this Cosmic Charlie campaign be more successful than the last one.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Sheila
Fresh Boarder

#4091 3 years, 6 months ago
Dear Bob,Phil,John,Jeff,Joe, Sunshine & Jeff.

Ditto what everyone else said-Please consider this request.

Thanks.
Fidd~lyn
Junior Boarder

#4098 3 years, 6 months ago
I too hope you consider this request, as ADAM ( Gitmo) has touched all of our lives in one way or another. He gave the best hugzzz round, and truly luved music. A show dedication or song honoring his memory would be beautiful and mean so much to those that are struggling with his recent passing. Also Phil he has a 9yr old son, imagine how wonderful for him to have a copy of show and hear this dedication to his dad. He would have it forever to treasure.

He always went out of his way to help others, so we are now going out of our way to have this show dedication, as a mom i especially feel it would be wonderful for his son, as i type this the tears are streaming again, for no child should ever have to go thru this....ever. So sadd !

((( Cosmic Charlie ))).....for our " Cosmic Gitmo"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Fidd~lyn.
racecar
Fresh Boarder

#4100 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that my old band, Crazy Fingers in South Florida will be performing a tribute to Adam (Gitmo) on Thursday night at Allstars in Pompano Beach, Fl. I have asked them to honor him with a jam of some of his favorite Dead tunes and to dedicate it to him. While this is in no way a substitute for our humble request. It is in some small way, my way of honoring my friend.

If you live in S. Florida, please consider attending.

if you are not local , but wish to join via the internet, here is the link to the live Ustream feed and you can watch the tribute as it happens. Most likely it will be during the second set which begins around 9 or 9:30.

www.ustream.tv/channel/crazy-fingers-live-all-stars

Please join us if you can, either in person, or via the link above this Thursday evening.

Peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: sueshi9, FUBAR, Blueheron
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds