• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

Re: Dear Phil & Jill....

#3948 3 years, 6 months ago
I was at that show too. Gitmo was a total fucking hero who left the venue without hesitation, helped our friend, and then modestly waved away 99 percent of people's thanks and praise.

But, as has been said over and over today by dozens of people, that's the kind of guy he was. This quality of immediate, open-hearted, vigilant loyalty cannot be overstated in him.

We all know, as you do Mr. and Mrs. Lesh, that there are many great people in the world and that a good number of them are Deadheads. It's not possible to honor each and every one from the stage at a show. But Adam Gittman truly embodied the best of what we say we want our community to be--and so often fall short of manifesting. If anybody who loves Grateful Dead music has ever deserved a shout-out from the band during a show, he does.
mermaid
Fresh Boarder

#3960 3 years, 6 months ago
Dear Jill and Phil,

This is a sad day for the many who loved Adam on the philzone and in 3D. I hope you can honor the request.

Peace,
Beth (Mermaid)
JLP
Fresh Boarder

#3962 3 years, 6 months ago
I just want to take a moment to also say Adam Fittman deserves a nod of some kind anywhere along there road Phil/Jill sees fit.

I adored Adam and already miss him so ~

As I knew him through the Philzone community, that is what I reference in the following FB *eulogy* in his honor written a short while ago:

*****************************************************************************************

RIP Adam Gitmo Gittman
by Jill Luvs Phil on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 10:02pm

All the greatest and most beautiful aspects of the PZ are hampered never by any petty troll or unnecessary drama, but by the LOSS of ONE OF OUR OWN ~ nothing is more heart wrenching in our community than this. And Adam Gittman was a shining star, A#1, Prime Example of How to Be. and like many of us he had his tarnished moments of misunderstanding/misguided humor whatnot, but at the end of the day, time and time again, from those who barely knew him to his dearest brethren , (& I am proud & privileged to have been anywhere on the spectrum) he was, indeed, a human person who would give you the shirt off his back, and that was just for starters.

In fact, after Mule~O~Ween 08 (where he miracled my sister) he gave me his jacket and, despite my attempts to return it; he never accepted it back. I was kinda glad cos it smelled so nice (:

He will be missed by our entire community which is only a small percentage of those who loved him and whose lives he has touched and impacted.

I love you, Adam ~ RIP
evergreen
Fresh Boarder

#3963 3 years, 6 months ago
Another glass raised to his memory.

Strange how real a virtual community can be.

RIP Adam
citidiver
Fresh Boarder

#3964 3 years, 6 months ago
I have known Adam Gittman for 40 years. He was (past tense hurts to my core) a giant of a person with a real heart of gold. We went to hundreds of concerts together through the years. Many bands but none did he like more than the Grateful Dead. When that wasn't an option he went to the next best thing. It would be a fitting tribute to Adam if Furthur were to dedicate a song in memory of his passing. He would really get a kick out of that being done for him. I know as you look at this Phil and Jill you only see 7 posts and I am doing my best to make that change but if you look at the Philzone postings you will see well over 300 responses and not a poor word amongst them. He stood up for me at my wedding, was at the hospital when my daughter Mia was born and always gave me shit about the Mets (he was a huge Yankee fan). If you guys could find it in your hearts to dedicate a song to a man who meant so much to so many we would all be Grateful (I had to have one pun). Some will tell you to dedicate "Looks Like Rain" but his favorite song was "Cosmic Charlie". I know, I've known almost my whole life. R.I.P. my friend you will be missed. I hope they send you off "Truckin' in style along the avenue". PS: There are now almost 30 posts.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#3976 3 years, 6 months ago
bump for Gitmo
RIP
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#3989 3 years, 6 months ago
Dear Phil & Jill

Even though I never met the man it hurts to lose one of the Tribe
Gitmo was a Zoner for a long, long time and not only leaves behind his Family , but a lot of Friends too.
If you could dedicate the show or just a song to Gitmo the whole Philzone would appreciate it

thank you
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#3993 3 years, 6 months ago
Adam truly exemplified what this scene was created around and what it's all about and still is at it's very core.
heathentom
Fresh Boarder

#4001 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm throwin' in on this too, and this is the main reason 'ol Lance Newberry signed up for this board. I didn't know Adam, but boy he was sure a big, always entertaining part of that crazy community the Philzone, and how he affected those he knew personally always was very clear there, and is even more so today, after reading the flood of heartfelt comments about the nature and character of this man who passed too soon.

As others have said, it must be tough to decide to do something like this for an individual, since you have so many fans this type of thing has to come up often, but any sort of shout-out or tribute would make allot of very good people very happy, and it sounds like a truly good & right thing to do in this case.

Lance.
Mattzz
Fresh Boarder

#4003 3 years, 6 months ago
Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds